Monday, September 21, 2009

Why Does My Stomach Hurt??

I have a confession. I threw another temper tantrum this morning.

It was much smaller than yesterday's, but another pair of pants didn't fit.

So I cried.

I wish I knew what was going on with my body. I feel like I am trapped in someone else's body. My stomach hurts, almost all the time. My digestive track is all messed up. I can't help but wonder - is that part of what is making me gain weight?

Here's the deal - we have long suspected I have a disease called Ehlers-Danlos. My sister has it, and I have always had several of the symptoms. Well, those symptoms just keep getting worse.

I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday, to hopefully get to the bottom of this. I'm wondering if I need to modify my diet. Maybe gluten-free? Lactose-free? All organic?

I know this post isn't sports related, but it's something I'm going through and wanted to share. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun! How I can relate.
    My husband has a something called Ulcerative Colitis which is kind of related to Chrons. I have terrible gut issues that they havn't ever totally figured out. I am sorry. I know how terrible it is to feel so sick and not know what is going on or how to make it better.
    As I am tying this..I have a terrible tummy ache.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I hope they figure it out for you soon!
    I have stomach issues, but they're related to my anxiety. I wish I could get it all to stop!

    ReplyDelete